Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Where have all the squirrel's gone?

  My mind is a whirlwind today....my babies are headed to their 1st all niter away from home.   Technically, this wont be happening for 2 days, but the backpacks are out.  I watch as my girls attempt to pack way too much, take my favorite pillow and way to many stuffed animals.  They have this packing thing figured out. Enter my big boy, he announces, Mom.....I don't need to bring anything......just my light saber...   It's funny how the boy, girl differences come hard wired.   After watching his sister's parade of sleeping bags, backpacks and paraphernalia, he decides he might possibly need something to wear if he is leaving home.

  I'm a little nervous about this as my children have never been away all night.  I know they will be in good hands and mommy will be an after thought in the mind of the entertained child.  Anyway, I told them..."I'm just a phone call away ya know..."   Well, they know this and I think it's slightly amusing to them to hear mom going over all the rules and such.  I guess these times will come and mommy will get a little more courage while I watch the metamorphosis of the beautiful butterflies.

 

2 comments:

  1. The difference between the boys and girls is so funny, especially when it shows up at such an early age. I guess boy child is expecting to see Darth Vader on his overnighter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I guess so ....may the force be with him :)

    ReplyDelete