Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Thursday, May 5, 2011

Caution...I will bite!

  There it was...emblazoned across the meaty backside of a 20ish something mom.  Caution...I will bite!  The red letters on the black sweatpants bellowed out for attention.  As I sat in my local mediocre eating establishment, I watched as this vision of modesty walked past and sat in the booth in front of me.  She was dining with her man and her baby.  As she picked up the baby, she started to babble in some elfin language I'm sure only her baby understood.  That's fine, I mean the dog and I share the same secret language.  Anyway, what was I saying?  Oh yeah....crazy jogging pants.

  The topic of modest attire has become of particular interest to me since I have become a mom with 2 daughters.  I will add the mention of my son to this list because modest dressing will also affect my boy's eyesight one day.  I was out shopping one day for my girl, she needs new shorts and we all hope the sun will eventually show it's face again, so began my search.  I was hard pressed to find a huge selection of shorts that weren't cut right below the fanny.   Now,  I know longer shorts exist, but apparently not at the store I was in.  I thought to myself, "gee, don't we want to keep our little girls, little for as long as possible?"

   I'm not saying modesty should mean turtlenecks and floor length dresses, don't get me wrong.  I think you can be pretty without being under dressed.  Just a concerned mom.....

1 comment:

  1. Brava, took the words right out of my beef jerky stained teeth. swak (from the husband, not the author)

    ReplyDelete