Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Monday, May 2, 2011

Potty daze

Somehow the 2nd in command, Chimp mentor (me) got a much needed  3 hr. break.  I headed over to my local "drink our coffee and read our books" spot.  I didn't actually buy their coffee, but I sat there pondering, "can I actually bring the coffee out of the cafe?"  or "I guess I could sit in there...but what if I spill coffee on a book? Do I have to buy it?"  The last time I sat in there with big daddy, we managed to get a table directly across from the gentleman who stared right in our direction almost the whole time.

  Deciding against the cafe I found a chair where I could be alone with my book and my thoughts.  This spot happened to be in the children's section.  I sat undisturbed for about 10 min. until a mom and her tot wandered past me.  Slightly annoyed by this mild intrusion, I have no choice but to listen to this interaction.  In a loud voice, this mom announces, "NOW YOU CAN HAVE ANY BOOK YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU WENT POTTY ON THE TOILET!"... I'm intrigued....I have no choice but to discretely stare at this pony tailed vision of  pride.  Now, I have always taught my children not to stare....but I just can't seem to help myself.

  My best guess is that this child must be no more than 2.....My first thought? "Hey kudos, lady how'd ya pull that off?"  As this lady is wandering around looking for a suitable selection for " Timmy the Toilet Tamer", I notice that this kid is in a distracted daze, all consumed with the train table 2 feet from my chair.  "TWANE?", he says as he leaves his mother to play with the new found treasure.  My mind drifted back to my first child, I promised her, " when you go on the toilet we will go to the store and get you a cool horse to play with!"  Well, she did...and it was a major event in our house, pictures were taken, signs were made and a toy horse was purchased.

  I thought we had arrived,  sadly to say that event in retrospect was a fluke,  we spent the next year in the potty trenches...oh well.  We did manage to get out of diapers eventually as did the other 2 chimplets.  I don't remember making signs and taking pictures for the next training accomplishments.  The lady did find her book, complete with sounds of flushing and excitement.  I too, was excited for her....at least now I'd get my quiet little nook back.

No comments:

Post a Comment