Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Thursday, May 12, 2011

Did Someone Say, "Hot Date"?

  Two posts ago, we discussed my squirrel's taking a few steps away from the nest.  That day has come.  I am swimming with emotions right now.  To name a few....elation, anxiety and then a little bit more elation.  Whether they all actually make it through the evening without calling or asking to come home remains to be seen.  Initially, I thought maybe I should stay home glued to the phone in case someone needs me.  I replaced that thought with "wow! I can call Big Daddy and invite him on a hot date!"

  With all the backpacks set to go I can begin the beautification process.  Katy Perry talks about "get your heart racin' in my skin tight jeans"....well I don't know about that.  I will try to get out my "nicest" pair of jeans, so that's about as racy as that's gonna get.  I think I'll go for the newest ones that give a little in the waist, that'll work.  I mean who can go to the Chinese buffet with skin tight jeans on?  There is no way you can eat more than your fair share with that get up on.  Okay, I'm kidding, I know your supposed to exercise extreme  discipline when entering the lair of the all you can eat.   Who am I fooling?   I'm gonna enjoy this small taste of liberty and eat the extra crab rangoon.

  I digress,  anywho....hair and makeup...hmm.. what to do?   For special occasions I pull out the false eyelashes, but where did I put the glue from the last time?  Ooh and I have that metallic eyeshadow....yeah, I said it, metallic....age appropriate?...maybe, maybe not...whatever, Big Daddy seems to like it.  Hair is another story...I could flatten it ...but I always get a weird groove in the back...hmm..I still have a little bit to figure it out.  I know my man appreciates when I make the effort, so at least he'll know I was thinking of him.  So,  I'll take my crazy eyeshadow and bumpy hair and just have a fun time with my date.

No comments:

Post a Comment