Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Six degrees of poo

  Let me introduce you to Rudy.  Rudy is the family dog who came to live with us at 7wks. old along with his sister Daisy.  Rudy was aptly named after famous football legend, Rudy Ruettiger.  Our puppy is reaching the sunset of his 10th year.  We are looking forward to celebrating his 11th birthday with hamburgers ( every year he gets 2).  Now that the fluffy introductions are over, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

  When the notion of getting a pet enters your mind, a couple of questions pop up.    A.  This could be fun and they are so cute or   B.   who is really going to be taking care of this animal?  Having no children at the time, we decided to embark on this joy ride.  One of my least favorite animal chores is potty duty.  This brings us to our story.

  After the recent winter melt,  all the snow hidden piles of "doodie" lay exposed in a mushy mess.  Deciding this clean up duty was inevitable I set out to conquer this disgusting mess.  I say to Big Daddy, " what am I supposed to do with all the poo?"....his reply, " just toss it over by the garden".  No problem, I think... I head out.  After assessing the situation, I realize this simple toss of the poo, has to reach a distance of about 50 yards.  Having very limited upper arm strength, my best shovel throw was about 4 ft.

  It was a particularly windy day,  probably not the best day to be ultra motivated.  The wind whipped as I hurled the slushy turds.  At first I thought maybe this will help my distance, not so much.  As I slung the shovel forward  and the bounty escaped my tool,  a gust caught it and I cringed as I felt the spray of melted snow and droppings against my face.  I looked back to see my children laughing at me in the window.  Needless to say, that wave of determination quickly dissolved.  Poop duty would have to wait.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! This is soooo funny...I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but it is now! Keep writing, people love this kind of stuff. If I were you I'd repost this after you have more readers.

    ReplyDelete