Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Monday, May 9, 2011

Daddy, this is your moment to shine!

  I hope everyone had a fantastic mother's day.  Mine turned out particularly enjoyable, but one of the things that amused me was my visit to the mall.  I sat with big daddy in the kid's play area.  There was a man there with his son.  As his son and my boy engaged in an imaginary battle, the man sat on the vinyl puffy bench with his head hung in a droopy manner.  You would have thought this guy hadn't slept a wink all night as he hadn't even had a startled jerk in about 10 minutes.  This kid could have left, circled the mall and been back without papa being none the wiser.  I leaned over to big daddy and said, " if that guy's wife shows up, he's probably gonna get a smack in the head..."  Fortunately, his wife did not show and he finally awoke.

  I sat and thought to myself, then spoke out loud about the carpet probably never seeing a cleaning and muttered something about the overwhelming feeling of sitting in a germ fest.  As I sputtered out my criticism,  another family caught my attention.  They were out for a mom's shopping afternoon.  The reason I know that is because the lady kept trying to convince her toddling bundle of joy to stay with dad and have fun.  After many conversations to no avail, the dad was hot under the collar.  "JUST GO!" he irritatedly said to his wife.  She finally decided to take the kid and leave the older child with the father.  I'm sure he didn't mind.  It was sort of fun to watch dads out of their element. Kudos to the dads who tried to give their wife a well deserved break, well intentioned if not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment