Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Saturday, April 23, 2011

These small wonders

I think we would all like to think of our holidays as well oiled machines. Maybe our Easter gathering could resemble a picture in our favorite home magazine. The food would be perfect, the house immaculate and the kids at least clean if not in their Sunday best.

Let's enter the real world, at least mine. The eggs did get colored, thanks to Big daddy. He patiently dissolved the coloring tablets and helped each child with their share of eggs. I took a couple pics and drank Irish Cream coffee. The house was still a mess from lunch, laundry and kid toys. I probably should be cleaning but I don't. I decide I better get moving and make the mashed potatoes for tomorrow.

The potatoes are finally ready to be mashed. I have this great potato masher my mother in law gave me..I'll call him the potato duck. This isn't a fancy masher just a sturdy tool with a whimsical handle. This just so happens to be my favorite fun little gadget...sounds crazy, I know. Anyhow, the job got done and the kids had a good time. Martha Stewart shouldn't stop by anytime soon for a white glove test. We did make memories though and enjoyed each other. Rob Thomas, in one of his songs talks about how our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders.....I love this song, I think his words are true and helps remind a busy mom to stop and just enjoy the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment