Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Thursday, April 21, 2011

A heapin' helpin' of mediocrity

When hunger and a great coupon weakens the will,  what do you do?  Ya head down and belly up to the all ya can eat!  Seemed like a good idea at the time....with the promise of "fine" cuts of beef , fantail shrimp and the like.  All started out well until the salad bar incident "as it came to be known".  A young, overworked teen morosly wiped each bin of veggies and whatnot..as I approached I thought I had better be extra neat in my scooping as not to make a mess.  Well, the inevitable happened, the cottage cheese managed to slop off my spoon down onto the previously cleaned edge...I looked up sheepishly at the girl in time to see her shake her head annoyingly.  I quietly walked away from the salad bar as a wave of embarrasement swept over me.  I return to my table and within minutes I was sopping up lemonade after one of the  children  decided it was time to wave their arm in excitement..  "Just stay calm and collected", I reminded myself as this was supposed to be a fun family outting.  I had regained my enthusiasm as I remembed that the steak on the grill was promised to be ready in 7 min.  Off I went to retrieve my bounty from the grumbling chef who was seen to be muttering but thankfully was out of earshot.  "Can I have 2 please?"....( one was for big daddy, I promise) ...He slaps 2 steaks on my plate, I go back to eat...I let out a long sigh....Its half fat and a little dry....oh well....we finish and make our way home, slightly overfed and a lot tired.....we tuck our sleepy children in for the night and I rest somehow knowing that at least I wont have to clean my kitchen in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment