Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mom, I can have more Craptain Crunch?

  I pride myself on having a fairly juvenile sense of humor.  Is that bad at age 40?...I don't know, but I'll take a good joke on bodily noises any day of the week. I rank some of the greatest comedies of our time with the likes of Dumb and Dumber.  This poses a bit of a challenge at times when rearing "proper" children.

  As parents, we all have a certain amount of pressure to instill manners, proper etiquette, etc.   This is where it gets a little tough.   I mean is there really any parent who doesn't laugh when their child sings, "If yous happy and you know it crap your hands!"  What about the well thought out joke,  "mom, what did the banana say to the wino (rhino)?"  Somehow the word wino makes big daddy and I snicker to each other like we're in grade school.  

  Don't get me wrong, we don't advocate potty talk, but these little language learning faux pas can add a laugh to any one's day.  Take a test with me,  the next time your child asks you for more Craptain Crunch, lets see if you can keep a straight face....or the next time they ask you about "winos" try not to giggle...I mean their not gonna talk like this forever, we might as well enjoy it while we can.

1 comment:

  1. I heard a story once of a pastor who said crap and play instead of clap and pray...

    ReplyDelete