Welcome to my world...come hang out and have a little fun!



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The left side of the scale

I have a wonderful old relic of a scale that was passed down to me. Belonging once to my dearly departed grandmother-in-law, it must weigh 20lbs.  This is the kindest scale I have ever known....if you step ever so lightly onto its left side, it has been known to give you the greatest benefit of the doubt.  This can be a great encourager to press on...maybe give up that 3rd slice of bread.  Somehow on that side of the scale I believe that my clothes fit better and I'm empowered with the hope of greater health and smaller jeans.  Now, I know what will happen if I step onto the right side of that trusted old friend.  Ill get a subtle dose of reality...and breathe a sigh...and mutter .."You're lying! there is no way this can be right!".  One day I'll reach my goal, until then I'll stick to the more encouraging side that beckons me onto greatness.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! I'm so excited that you're blogging! Your perspective is so awesome! I'm adding you to my blogrolls immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, if you're interested in growing your blog, you may want to look into the internet writing group called She Writes...I'll send you an invite and you can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are a natural darlin...glad you entered the blogosphere :)
    Love you!
    Chantelle

    ReplyDelete